Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chubby elegance

Rate:

I decided to accept the unbeatable challenge from a player on Snowbourn globalLFF - make an outfit for female dwarf which wouldn't look like a joke. There are many players who cannot settle with the fact that the female dwarves could never be seen in Tolkien world - female Dwarves look and sound (and dress, if journeying—which is rare) so alike to Dwarf-males that other folk cannot distinguish them (source: Wikipedia). I understand them - even my Khamrad will have a female dwarf role-playing background if I ever decide to play a champion :)

Anyway, this is a desperate attempt to create distinguishly female dwarven outfit. The result is rather funny than pretty, but it's the least funny I could achieve using stereotypical female clothes. I would very much welcome guest submissions or screenshots in comments showing your female dwarf outfits - maybe together we will find one really good :)

Until then, my advice to all dwarven girls who decided to break the tradition and stroll outside their home - follow your roots and dress in male clothing, probably with feminine colours - you'll do better than wearing a dress :) Heavy armour can look good in pink too!

Chest: Extravagant Festival Dress, purple dye (Winter festival)
Back: Cloak of the Galadhrim, purple dye (Quest: Vol. II, Book 7, Chapter 9: The Worries of Lord Celeborn)

10 comments:

  1. That is a tough challenge. I enjoyed your post especially your advice to other female dwarfs about sticking to your Dwarven roots and wearing male clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saelarien of SnowbournJuly 21, 2011 at 3:53 PM

    I personally always found that the dwarven dress doesn't look too silly on a dwarf...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devonna, i love your way to diplomatically say what do you think about the dorfie in the dress :D

    and Saelarien, honestly, i haven't tried that one (and i've tried MANY). i gotta try it eventually, but as long as it damages the body shape the same way as other dresses do, it will still be awful :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. My lady dwarf wears the Gown of Autumn Nights from last year's Harvestmath festival (it's currently still available at this year's festival). It's the only dress I've found that doesn't look silly on her - the wide bands of colour around the hem, waist and arms seem to give her a bit of shape and distract attention from the stockiness of her figure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. y2k fashion ideas

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that which you men tend to be upward also. This kind of clever function organic brand as well as reporting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I marked it as a bookmark, saved it to my favorites, saved it to favorites, and. urban treasures showflat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no difficulty navigating through omeglechat the different tabs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. คาสิโนออนไลน์ระดับพรีเมี่ยม ที่มีสาวสวยมาแจกไพ่ ระบบฝาก-ถอน Auto 10 วินาที ไม่ต้องรอคอย คอนเซปนี้ชื่อว่า Sexy บาคาร่า หรือที่เรียกว่าเย้ายวน พวกเราย้ำบริการให้ผู้เล่นได้เจอกับการแปลกใหม่จากเดิมที่ PGSLOT

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...